سلسلة الأفعال المركبة : - LET -



"let up" means to stop    يتوقف
  • I delayed my run until the rain let up.
  • I wish he would let up on teasing me about burning the bread in the oven.

"let down 1" means to disappoint someone   يخذل
  • She let me down when she forgot my birthday.

"let down 2" means to allow something to fall or be lowered   دَلّى، يدَلّي
  • She looks so pretty when she lets down her hair.

"let in" means to allow someone or something to enter   أدْخَلَ؛ دَخّل، يسمح بالدخول
  • I opened the window to let in the fresh air.
  • The club only let in my friends who were over 21 years old.

"let out" means to release something or someone    أطْلَق صرخة،   أخْرَج؛ أطلق صراحه
  • She let out a loud cry when she fell and hurt her knee.
  • He got let out of prison after serving 3 years.

"let on" means to reveal information    يفصح عن معلومة، سر
  • He told the policeman he witnessed the crime, but he kept some facts hidden, knowing more than he let on.

"let off" means to be spared a bigger punishment   يخلي سبيله، لا يعاقبه
  • She was let off with only a warning from the policeman, even though she really deserved a speeding ticket.
Any support is greatly appreciated ❤️😊 Buy us a coffee